SUGAR CANE CHAMBER
THE SUGAR CANE CHAMBER HAS THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS:
- Develop the sugar industry in every stage of production.
- Promote good relationships between members of the organization.
- Perform technical studies about the production, consumption, costs, and everything that
affects the economic stability of the sugar activity.
- Research elaboration systems through the pertinent technical services to recommend the
measures that should be taken for the best use of the raw matter and the highest quality
- Represent the Costa Rican sugar sector in the pertinent and adequate national and
international forums to defend the interests of the sector.
- Properly defend the interests of the sector, taking into account the impact of the industry in the
wellbeing of the workers, environment, and independent producers.
- Any other pertinent action to defend the sugar sector.
THE ASSOCIATES ENJOY A SERIES OF BENEFITS:
- Voice and vote in the General Assemblies.
- Option to be elected in management positions or as auditor for the association.
- Participate in activities organized by the association.
- Submit motions and suggestions during Assemblies.
- Submit to the Prosecutor's Office the complaints or accusations observed in the performance of
the directors and other associates.
- Be a part of the work commissions approved by the board of directors.
- Request the association to act as mediator to solve controversies between members.
- Any other determined by the General Assembly by the majority of the present members.